Sunday, March 10, 2013

Strawberry Pickin'

Saturday, Hammond and I went strawberry picking.  I know-it is only the beginning of March, but I guess strawberries grow good and early in South Carolina.  I have the best and funniest memories of strawberry picking with my family at The Chesterfield Berry Farm from when I was a little girl.  Every year I say to Hammond, "We are going to go berry picking!" And every year comes and goes and we never do it.  SO this year, when I saw that the berries were ready, I said, "put your berry pickin boots on and lets go!"  Reluctantly he got in the truck and off we went to Ambrose Farms
 
 
We had a good time walking up and down the rows of berries and trying to out do each other's. 


 
 
 


That night I made the best strawberry shortcake ever.  Even one of our friends was surprised at how well it came out.  (Maybe because I looked a little confused when I was reading this super easy recipe-I think he had his doubts on how well it would come out!)  But seriously-log onto this girl's blog RIGHT NOW and download this.  Who would have thought that putting balsamic vinegar into your strawberries would be so good.?!  And yes, I did the entire recipe from scratch-minus the whipped cream.  I like whipped cream from the can.  Don't judge.  Best Strawberry Shortcake Recipe










No comments: